While the Foreign Earned Income Tax Worksheet is linked to Line 44 of Federal Form 1040, it is only used if there is foreign earned income in the return (if the return is reporting an amount on Form 2555, Line 45 for the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion). If Form 2555 does not apply to the return, the tax amount will be determined directly from the tax tables put out by the IRS or Schedule D, whichever is applicable, and this worksheet will not be used by the program.
To view the Foreign Earned Income Tax Worksheet in your TaxAct® return:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click My Return on the right side of the screen
- Click Print Center, then click the Custom tab
- Click on the checkbox(es) to the left of the item(s) (the top section lists individual forms and schedules) or (the bottom section lists documents received or worksheets) which you wish to view or print (you may need to scroll down in the section to locate the item(s))
- Click the Print button and then click the PDF link. The item will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon on the screen to actually print, or close the window without printing.
Note: If, after you click Print in Step 5 above, you are directed to the Payment Option screen, you will need to process the product fees prior to printing.
- Start your TaxAct Desktop program
- Click the Forms button in the top left corner
- Expand the Federal folder, then expand the Worksheets folder
- Scroll down and select Form 1040 Foreign Earned Income Tax - Foreign Earned Income Tax Worksheet
- Double click the copy you wish to print
- Click the Printer icon in the blue toolbar
In the print dialog box that appears you are able to choose if you wish to send the output to a printer or a PDF document. If you wish to only print preview the document, check the Print Preview box. Once the print preview window opens, click the Print button to actually print the document.