To file Form 7004 using TaxAct®:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click the Filing tab, (On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Filing), then click File Extension directly below the Federal tab
- Click the federal and/or state option as applicable to your required filings
- The program will continue with the interview questions to help you complete the required information for an extension request.
Form 7004 has been simplified and now consists of two parts:
Address changes for filing Form 7004:
- Part I includes, in form number order, all the forms for which Form 7004 is used to request an extension of time to file. Filers requesting an extension will enter (in the box located at the top of Part I) the form code for the return for which the extension is requested.
- Part II includes questions for all filers.
The address for filing Form 7004 has changed for some entities located in Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. See Where To File
Certain states will allow an accepted federal Form 7004 as an extension of time to file your state return, while other states require a separate extension request. TaxAct will provide information about state filing requirements during the extension interview.