To Amend Your State Return:
- From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop), print a copy of your original federal and state returns. This can be done by clicking the My Return button in the top right corner, then selecting Print Center, then clicking Print Return in the window that appears, selecting the number of copies to print, and then clicking the green Print button. Desktop users click File, then click Print Return and make the appropriate selection in the popup window that follows.
- Make the appropriate corrections to your return
- Click on the State Q&A tab and then click on the applicable state name
- Click Amended Return (Note: If you do not see the Amended Return option listed, please select Miscellaneous Topics as it may be located there.)
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information
Amended returns can be completed Online by accessing your Online account. There is a one-time fee for accessing your Online account after the electronic filing season for that year has ended.
Access Prior Year's Online Return
Amended returns for years prior to those available with the TaxACT Online Data Archive Service (DAS) can only be completed with the TaxACT Desktop Deluxe Program. To order prior year's programs, please click the link below:
Previous Year's Software