You can review your return manually as well as using the Alerts feature, which can identify missing or incomplete information that may bring your return to the attention of the IRS. Plus, you will be alerted to possible tax saving opportunities you may have missed.
Manually Reviewing your Return
To manually review all entries, click the Basic Info tab. From there, click Continue through each screen, visually reviewing your entries for accuracy.
You may also skip to any section within the return by using the navigation tabs. Click any of the tabs to begin a comprehensive review of that section.
- Click the Review Tab.
- Click Continue.
- Desktop customers will be asked to check for program updates. Click Check for Updates; when updates are complete, click Continue.
- The Alerts process will review your return for problems before you file. Choose the Alert(s) you would like to review:
- Red Alerts identify incomplete or inconsistent information. If left uncorrected, the issue flagged with a Red Alert may prevent calculations from being completed, or could result in an inquiry by the IRS or State agency after you file.
- Yellow Alerts identify potential problems or prompt you for additional actions required on your part. Review your return and double-check your entries for anything flagged with a Yellow Alert.
- Green Alerts identify opportunities for potential tax savings. These messages are for your information and consideration.
- Click Start Alerts.