Follow these steps to:
- Reset your password, or
- Retrieve all usernames associated with your email address
- Go to the sign in page
- Click Forgot Username or Password?.
- Enter your email address, username, or mobile phone number (with area code) in the search box. Click Send Verification Code.
- If you enter your email or username, you should expect a verification code by email:
- It can take a minute or so for the code to arrive
- Check all junk, spam, or other folders
- If you enter your mobile phone number, your verification code will arrive by text message
- Enter the verification code. (If you enter your email or username, you can copy and paste the code.)
- Click Verify
- After entering your verification code, you’ll see a list of all usernames associated with your email address or phone number. You can choose to reset your password.
If you searched for your account by username, you’ll be prompted to change your password. After you change your password, you’ll get an email confirming that your password was updated.
You may contact the IRS for a transcript or copy of your return if it is no longer available in TaxAct.