To retrieve all usernames associated with your email address, or to reset a password:
Go to the TaxAct Account sign in page.
- For usernames, click Forgot Username, then complete Steps 1 through 3 below.
- For passwords, click Forgot Password, then complete Steps 4 through 7 below.
- After clicking the Forgot Username link, enter your TaxAct Account email address in the popup window. Click the Send Email button.
- You will receive an e-mail from TaxAct [reply@TaxAct.com] with all Usernames associated with your e-mail address. Hint: Check your Junk folder if you don’t see the email in your Inbox.
- Go to the TaxAct Account sign in page to sign in with your username and password.
- After clicking the Forgot Password link, enter your username in the popup window. Click the Submit button.
- You will receive an email from TaxAct [reply@TaxAct.com] with a temporary password reset code. Open this forgot password page and enter your username and temporary code, then click Continue. (If you don't see the screen below, clear your cache or use a different browser.)
An "Enter Security Answer" page will open. Enter the answer to your security question and click Continue. If you do not remember your security question's answer, read the hints below and try again. If you still can’t remember, click the "recovering your account" link and follow the instructions to verify your identity.
- Check your Junk folder if you don’t see the email in your Inbox.
- The temporary code expires in 2 hours. If you need a new code, simply go back to the sign in page, click the Forgot Password link, and repeat Steps 4 and 5 above.
On the next screen, enter your new password twice and click Update Password. (We've strengthened the requirements to help protect your account.)
- You must provide the security answer exactly as it was entered when the account was created. (Example: if you spell out "Street" in your answer, the abbreviation "St" will not be accepted.)
- Double check that you're using the correct username. Mistyping username is a common mistake. To verify your username, you may request that your username be emailed to you by clicking on the "Forgot Username" link here.
If your password is accepted, you will see a confirmation message. Click the Sign In button and enter your username and new password.
You will receive an email from TaxAct confirming that your account password has been updated.