If you’re expecting a verification code by email:
- Check all junk, spam, or other folders
- If you use other email accounts, check those inboxes as well
- Expand any conversation threads to check for newly-received messages
If you need a new code or did not receive a code:
- Go to TaxAct.com/auth and enter your username and password.
- Check the email or mobile phone associated with your account for your code and enter it in the Account Verification window. It can take a minute or so for the code to arrive.
Note. If you didn't receive a code, click Resend code. This will generate a new code, so all previous codes will no longer be valid. Always be sure you're entering the most recent code sent. All others will be rejected.
If you no longer have access to the email associated with your TaxAct Account:
OPTION A – You’ve already registered your phone number
If you’ve previously verified your phone number, you can request a verification code by text message.
- Click Try a text message verification. If you’re trying to recover your password, simply enter your phone number instead of email.
OPTION B – You haven’t registered your phone number
If you haven’t previously registered your phone number with your TaxAct account, follow this link.
- Enter your username and password
- You will be taken to a verification code screen that asks you to enter your verification code.
- Click on Didn’t receive a code? and you’ll be able to answer one of your security questions instead of providing the verification code.
IMPORTANT: This solution will only be temporarily available. Be sure to update your email and phone number associated with your TaxAct Account so you don’t lose access to your information and prior year tax returns.
OPTION C – Create a new account
Create a new account using your most recent/current email account.