If you opted to receive the code via email, be sure to check your spam folder.
If you need a new code or did not receive a code:
- Go to taxact.com/myaccount and enter your username and password.
- On the next screen, locate the message at the top of the screen that says "A Verification Code has been sent to…." Check the indicated email address or mobile phone for your code.
- If you still didn't receive a code, click the Didn't receive a code link.
- Answer your security question, then click Continue.
Hint: provide the answer exactly as it entered when you created your account. Example: if you spell out "Street" in your answer, the abbreviation "St" will not be accepted.
- If you cannot remember your security answer, click Don't know your security answer.
- Choose to have a code resent to you or click Try this to reset your account. If you reset your account, you will be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity.
Reminder: Emailed verification codes are valid for 2 hours. If your code expires, simply request a new one following the steps above.
Hint: To help ensure you receive account emails from TaxAct in the future, add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list. Learn how