Search Help Topics:

To enter unreimbursed partnership expenses on the Schedule K-1 and the adjustment on the Self-Employment Tax Worksheet.

  1. From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
  2. Click Business Income to expand the category, then click on Partnership income (Form 1065 Schedule K-1) 
  3. Click Add to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created 
  4. Continue to the screen titled Partnership - Unreimbursed Partnership Expenses and enter the expense(s)

Please note, there is a separate worksheet to enter the business use of your home expenses later in the Q&A screens.

The unreimbursed partnership expenses that are not deductible as itemized deductions on Schedule A are reported on Schedule E. The total expenses will flow to Schedule E, page 2, and the name on Line 28 will be reflected as UPE (unreimbursed partnership expenses). This amount will also flow to the Schedule SE as an adjustment.

Was this helpful to you?