To enter your child and dependent care expenses:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Child and Dependent Care
- Click Yes to enter and/or review the care provider information and enter the information on the screens that follow (if information was already entered in this section, you will be prompted to click Review to review the provider information)
- To enter the expenses for each dependent, click Continue until you reach the screen titled Dependent Care - Qualifying Person's Expenses
- Click Review to enter the expenses for each dependent as needed
- Once you are done entering the dependent expenses, continue through the screens until you reach the screen titled Dependent Care - Dependent Care Credit Summary where you can view any credit calculated
Your Child and Dependent Care Credit is computed on Federal Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses and will be reported on line 49 of Federal Form 1040 or line 31 of Federal Form 1040A. For additional information, see IRS Publication 503 and the IRS Instructions for Form 2441.