Search Help Topics:

Per IRS Publication 3 Armed Forces' Tax Guide, page 31:

Spouse in combat zone.  she is serving in a combat zone or is performing qualifying service outside of a combat zone, and you don't have a power of attorney or other statement, you can sign for your spouse. Attach a signed statement to your return that explains that your spouse is serving in a combat zone.

Was this helpful to you?