If there is an amount on Line 18 (from the 28% Rate Gain Worksheet) or Line 19 (from the Unrecaptured Section 1250 Gain Worksheet) of Schedule D, according to the IRS the tax is calculated on the Schedule D Tax Worksheet instead of the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet.
To view the tax calculation on the Schedule D Tax Worksheet which will show the calculation of the tax which flows to Form 1040, Line 44 or Form 1040NR, Line 42:
TaxAct® Online Users:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click My Return on the right side of the screen
- Click Print Center, then click the Custom tab
- Click on the checkbox(es) to the left of the item(s) (the top section lists individual forms and schedules) or (the bottom section lists documents received or worksheets) which you wish to view or print (you may need to scroll down in the section to locate the item(s))
- Click the Print button and then click the PDF link. The item will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon on the screen to actually print, or close the window without printing.
If, after you click Print
in Step 6 above, you are brought to the screen titled Payment Option
, you will need to process the payment for your product fees, and then repeat the steps above. TaxAct Desktop Users:
- Click the Forms button in the top left corner
- Expand the Federal folder, and then expand the Worksheets folder
- Scroll down and double click Schedule D Tax Worksheet - Tax Worksheet - Line 20
- Click on the pink Printer Icon above the worksheet to print. You are able to choose if you wish to send the output to a printer or a PDF document and also whether you prefer to only print preview the form.