PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Participation in the TaxAct Professional Referral Program ("Program") is available only to tax professionals who are current and active TaxAct Professional customers (either purchased tax year 2018 or tax year 2019 software). In order to be eligible for a referral bonus, the Advocate must refer one or more Friend(s), age 18 or older, to purchase TaxAct Professional software. For every referred tax professional ("Friend") that makes a first-ever qualifying purchase of an eligible TaxAct Professional product ("Qualifying Software"), the Advocate's professional practice entity ("Advocate's Firm") and Friend (each a potential, "Recipient") will each receive the respective stated corresponding discount or reward ("Reward(s)") set forth in the table in section 2, subject to the Program limits set forth below.
2. Qualifying Software purchase. To be eligible for consideration as a qualifying purchase, the referred Friend must be a new customer (having not purchased a TaxAct Professional product in the previous two tax seasons) procuring a Qualifying Software license anytime between the dates 07/01/2019 through 5/31/2020; and for purposes of verification, must remain a customer of one of these products for more than 30 days after obtaining the software.
|Product||Advocate's Firm Gets:||Friend Gets Discounted Pricing of Product for:||Verification|
|Complete Enterprise Bundle||$100 Amazon Gift Card||$1400||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
|Complete Bundle||$100 Amazon Gift Card||$1075||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
|1040 Enterprise Bundle||$50 Amazon Gift Card||$625||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
|1040 Bundle||$50 Amazon Gift Card||$575||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
|Mature Practice Bundle||$20 Amazon Gift Card||$599||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
|Growing Practice Bundle||$20 Amazon Gift Card||$399||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
|Small Practice Bundle||$20 Amazon Gift Card||$299||Friend must remain customer for 30 days after obtaining software|
In the event that a Friend is referred by more than one Advocate, the Reward will go to the Advocate's Firm associated with the email address used to refer the Friend first, as determined by TaxAct in its sole discretion. Referral message must be initiated for sending in a manner customary to personal communications between friends and family members. Bulk email distributions, including distribution to persons or email addresses that are strangers or unknown to the referring Advocate, or that would cause the Referral to constitute unsolicited commercial email or SPAM under any applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited and will result in disqualification of the Referral and may be grounds for exclusion from further participation in the Program.
3. Program Limits. Rewards shall be limited to the first twenty (20) qualifying referrals made by each Advocate or the first fifty (50) qualifying referrals made by individuals at the same Advocate's Firm, whichever occurs first. The number of referrals made by individual Advocates and individuals at the same Advocate's Firms for purposes of the foregoing limits shall be determined by TaxAct in its sole discretion.
4. Reward notification and delivery. Friend will receive software discount immediately upon purchase. To purchase at the Referral Program price, Friend must place order with the TaxAct Professional Sales team by calling 319-536-3571. Once the Friend receives software, the Friend must remain an active customer of TaxAct with respect to the Qualifying Software for at least 30 days to become a verified customer. After the 30 day verification period, Advocate's Firm becomes eligible to receive the applicable Reward. Advocate's Firm must allow up to 4 weeks after verification period to receive Amazon Gift Card. Gift Card will be sent by email to email address provided by the Friend of the referring Advocate. All Rewards earned by Advocate under this Program shall be directed to the Advocate's Firm associated with Advocate's TaxAct Professional program account if such Advocate's Firm can reasonably be determined by TaxAct. No Rewards shall be distributed directly to individual Advocates.
5. General. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice. TaxAct reserves the right at any time and for any reason to modify these terms, or to change, interrupt or stop the Program either for a period of time or permanently with or without notice. We reserve the right to delay, cancel, revoke, or prevent payment of rewards in any suspected case of fraudulent use or misuse of Qualifying Software or this Program. Referrals and Rewards are subject to verification at TaxAct's sole discretion.
6. Representations and Warranties. Advocate represents and warrants that: (ii) its participation in the Program pursuant to these terms and conditions does not and will not conflict with or violate any agreement or obligation Advocate has to or with any third party; (ii) Advocate is and shall remain fully in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations, including without limitation CAN-SPAM, and any privacy policies, applicable to its participation in the Program; and (iii) Advocate shall not make any false, misleading, or deceptive statements in connection with Advocate's participation in the Program.
In order to be eligible for Reward, Advocates must send referral only to known Friends and disclose incentivized referral. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT YOU OR YOUR FIRM ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A REWARD IF THEY MAKE A QUALIFYING PURCHASE. If you do not, it is a violation of these Program terms and may result in your immediate termination from the Program, disqualification from future participation, and forfeiture any Reward owed to you as a result of your participation in this Program.
7. Privacy. The personal information you provide in connection with the Program will be collected, processed and used in accordance with TaxAct's Privacy Statement, which can be found at: https://www.taxact.com/privacy-policy. In addition, personal information may be used by TaxAct to contact you and the referred Friend with regards to their participation in the Program and to receive communications from TaxAct. Where you provide personal information about the referred Friend to receive communications via the Program, the Friend's personal information will be used by TaxAct for sending these communications to encourage or remind the Friend to complete the purchase or registration process.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMISES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM; (B) WE MAKE AND GIVE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (ii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; AND (C) YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
9. Limitation of Liability and Indemnification. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TAXACT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF TAXACT WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, TAXACT'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
TAXACT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS, EXPIRATION, FORFEITURE, OR USE OF ANY REWARD ISSUED TO ADVOCATE PURSUANT TO THIS PROGRAM; ALL GIFT CARDS ISSUED TO ADVOCATE PURSUANT TO THIS PROGRAM SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THOSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IMPOSED THEREON BY AMAZON.COM, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES.
Advocate shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless TaxAct, Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, damages, losses, fines, penalties, judgments, sanctions, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' and experts' fees) arising out of or related to any of the following: (i) any actual or alleged breach of any obligation, responsibility, representation, agreement, or warranty under these Program terms and conditions; or (ii) any actual or alleged violation of any applicable law by Advocate in connection with Advocate's participation in the Program.
10. Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Venue. The validity and performance of this Program shall be governed by Texas law (without reference to choice of law principles), and applicable federal law. The parties agree, submit, and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Dallas County, Texas, for resolution of any disputes arising in relation to this Program or the TaxAct Professional Software.
* Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Call TaxAct Professional Sales
for a free consultation.