Professional Audit Assistance Services and Identity Theft Restoration Services
Let Protection Plus audit experts help your clients resolve any issues with the IRS and state agencies while you earn a revenue share!
TaxAct has partnered with Protection Plus to provide comprehensive audit assistance services and identity theft restoration services for your clients:
- Relief for you and your clients from IRS and state audit or inquiry headaches — With a simple phone call, your client* will receive the assistance he or she needs from an experienced Protection Plus professional. Protection Plus works directly with your client and the IRS (and state if applicable) to bring the matter to resolution. You will receive updates on any correspondence as the case is being processed. Bilingual case managers available.
- Resolution of unique cases — Protection Plus works to get denied credits such as EIC, Child Tax Credits, and Education Credits funded. Protection Plus also assists in resolving rejected ITIN (W-7) applications. Schedule A, Schedule C and Schedule E are also covered at no additional charge.
- IRS identity theft assistance — Protection Plus will assist Members who experience problems in filing their tax return due to a suspected identity theft incident by interacting with the IRS on your client's behalf. Protection Plus will assist in completing all required paperwork to be submitted to the IRS and getting their tax return successfully filed. Protection Plus also assists in obtaining an IRS Identity Protection PIN to prevent a future event.
- $2,500 guarantee** — Your client can rest easy knowing that participating tax preparers' services are guaranteed. If a legitimate preparer error is made during the filing of a tax return, the taxpayer will be reimbursed for the consequent taxes, penalties or interest up to $2,500.
- Tax debt relief — Protection Plus is now offering help with taxpayers who owe tax debts to the IRS. When additional taxes, penalties, and interest are assessed, working with the IRS can be a confusing and stressful experience. At no extra charge, Protection Plus staff will work with the taxpayer for a resolution to his or her debt.
- Identity theft restoration services — For a full year from the date of enrollment, Protection Plus Members have 24/7, 365 days per year access to Identity Theft Restoration Advocates who will provide comprehensive, personalized recovery services for identity theft incidents beyond IRS identity theft. Our unique identity theft solution provides Protection Plus members with all the components necessary to restore identity and prevent future incidences of identity theft. All work done on memberís behalf is performed by qualified Privacy Advocates.
In order to be able to offer Protection Plus to your clients, you must first enroll with Protection Plus. Enrollment is free and there's no obligation. Free marketing kit provided. Enroll now!
The base price for Protection Plus Audit Assistance is only $44.99 per client and it can be purchased during the e-filing steps. Unless you're using a bank product, pay nothing now — you'll receive an invoice from Protection Plus in the coming weeks. If you choose, you can markup the base price up to an additional $50 and keep the difference as additional revenue and you may be eligible to receive a minimum $10 rebate per client once you have enrolled 50 clients.
Your client, Daniel, received an inquiry letter from the IRS requesting more information about his Schedule A deductions. When Daniel contacted your office, you happily reminded him of his Protection Plus coverage. Daniel calls Protection Plus and his case manager resolved the matter without any additional penalties after working with him and the IRS.
Protection Plus saved you 7 hours, which you instead used to file returns for over a dozen clients!
- 4 hours working with the IRS
- 2 hours preparing Daniel's portfolio
- 1 hour spent with Daniel
Questions? Download this flyer, call Protection Plus at (866) 942-8348 or email email@example.com.
A data breach can cost your business $75,000*** or more.
The EROCyberSecurity.com solution was developed specifically for tax professionals. It provides coverage for the financial risk to your business as well as access to the industry leader in data breach response services.
To learn more about EROCyberSecurity.com and to enroll, visit www.erocybersecurity.com.
*Clients with foreign addresses do not qualify.
**Subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions outlined in the Tax Reimbursement Program Terms and Conditions. $2,500 may not be available in all states.
***A study sponsored by IBM and conducted by the Ponemon Institute released in June 2016 found the average cost of a data breach is $221 per lost or stolen record. At this rate, a tax preparation business with 350 records can expect to incur a cost of $77,350.