Tips & Reminders to Help You Be Best Prepared for Tax Season
Thank you for selecting TaxAct Preparer's Editions as your 2015 software solution. Here are a few tips to help make this your best tax season ever!
Get the NEW TaxAct 2015 Preparer's Editions Setup Guide
Setting up your TaxAct software is even easier and faster with the new 2015 Preparer's Editions Setup Guide. Download it now!
Renew Your PTIN by Dec. 31
The IRS is now processing PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) applications and renewals for the upcoming tax season. Renewing your PTIN online only takes a few minutes, and this year's fee has been lowered to $50.
Verify Your EFIN Now
The IRS requires TaxAct to verify EFINs (Electronic Filling Identification Numbers). Please email a copy of your IRS e-file Application Summary to EFINcertificate@taxactservice.com. After we've verified your EFIN, we'll email you a confirmation. Please note you do NOT need to send your summary if your EFIN was verified by TaxAct for the 2013 or 2014 tax year.
Explore TaxAct ProAdvance
Learn new ways to manage your practice and increase your bottom line at ProAdvance.TaxAct.com, a new online resource center for TaxAct Professionals.
Explore Practice Manager
If you've signed in to your TaxAct Account recently, you've visited Practice Manager. Think of Practice Manager as your TaxAct Account homepage where you can:
- Download your TaxAct software
- View your unique Practice ID (top right corner)
- Update your account info, email address, security questions and password
- Access "Resources,” that include our new Setup Guide, TaxAct Professional Support and useful articles
- Starting in January, view the status of your practice's e-filed returns in Professional Reports
- Coming soon, sign in to Client Xchange where you can securely exchange tax documents and returns with your clients at an introductory price of $79.99 per tax year