Tips & Reminders to Prepare You for Tax Season
TaxAct® Professional software provides you with exactly what you need when you need it. From Client Manager to alerts and reminders, our scalable software solution has been created to help make your job easier. In addition, here are a few tips to help make this year your best tax season ever!
Download the Professional Setup Guide
Setting up your TaxAct software is even easier and faster with the Professional Setup Guide. The PDF will walk you through the download and setup step-by-step.
Renew Your PTIN by Dec. 31
The IRS is now processing PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) applications and renewals for the upcoming tax season. Renewing your PTIN online only takes a few minutes, and there is no longer a charge for the renewal of a PTIN.
Verify Your EFIN Now
The IRS requires TaxAct to verify EFINs (Electronic Filling Identification Numbers). Please complete the EFIN submission process within your TaxAct Professional account. After we've verified your EFIN, we'll email you a confirmation.
Explore TaxAct ProAdvance
Learn new ways to manage your practice and increase your bottom line at ProAdvance.TaxAct.com, an online resource center for TaxAct Professionals.
Explore Practice Manager
If you've signed in to your TaxAct Account recently, you've visited Practice Manager. Think of Practice Manager as your TaxAct Account homepage where you can:
- Download your TaxAct software
- View your unique Practice ID (top right corner)
- Update your account info, email address, security questions and password
- Access "Resources,” that include our new Setup Guide, TaxAct Professional Support and useful articles
- Starting in January, view the status of your practice's e-filed returns in Professional Reports
- Sign in to Client Xchange where you can securely exchange tax documents and returns with your clients
Download Your Pre-Season Readiness Checklist
Get a head start on the upcoming tax season and be ready to start processing tax returns on day one with the TaxAct Professional Pre-Season Readiness Checklist and check off each task one by one.