What You Need to Know About the 2010 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums
Source: IRS Newswire June 18, 2010 – Revised Special Edition Tax Tip 2010-06
The 2010 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums are about to begin! The tax forums are three-day events that provide tax professionals with the most up-to-date information on federal and state tax issues presented by IRS experts and partner organizations.
Here are nine things enrolled agents, certified public accountants, certified financial planners and other tax professionals need to know about the 2010 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums.
- Forums are held June through August in Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, New York, Las Vegas and San Diego.
- Those who sign up early can qualify for discounted enrollment costs. The first forum, in Atlanta, begins on June 22 and the early registration deadline is June 8.
- Forums offer an opportunity to receive up to 18 continuing education credits through a variety of training seminars and workshops.
- Forums will offer 43 separate seminars and workshops on valuable and relevant tax topics.
- Forums will also feature a two-day expo with representatives from the IRS as well as other tax, financial, and business communities offering their products, services, and expertise.
- Attendees can sign up to become an Authorized IRS e-file Provider.
- Tax professionals attending a forum can bring their toughest unresolved case to meet with IRS personnel who may be able to help.
- Registering for a tax forum is easy! Register by internet, fax or mail.
- For more information or to register visit www.irstaxforum.com.