Adding Preparers and Keeping Your Information Secure
During tax season, it can get so busy that sometimes you need all-hands-on-deck. Everyone needs to come together to help make it a successful tax season.
However, you don't want to put your security, or the security or your clients, in jeopardy. That is why you need to make sure each person that needs access to TaxAct® Professional software receives their own unique invitation through the TaxAct Preparer Invitation Process.
This easy-to-follow process gives each user their own unique login information and that added security helps provide you with:
- More control over who has access to the software
- The ability to turn on and off access to the user in the case that there is a falling out or an employee quits
- Time, date and name stamp of who made what change within the system for additional checks and balances
- Added security for you because it doesn't show you as the only person making changes to different files
- Knowing your clients' information is better protected because access logs will reveal user accountability
Don't put your clients' information, you or your firm's reputation at risk. Invite each preparer individually from your account and never share your login information.