To export a CSV file from E*TRADE for import into your TaxACT return:
- Go to the E*TRADE website and log in to your account
- Select the Tax & Account Records menu item under the Accounts menu
- Click the Tax Documents link
- You should now be on the Tax Records tab. Click Export Your [year here] Trades to Microsoft Excel.
- Click Save and save this file to a location on your computer
- Import this file into TaxACT
TaxACT has partnered with TradeLog to offer its customers a solution for calculating capital gains on Schedule D. The list of transactions reportable on the Form 8949 and Schedule D can be imported into TaxACT from TradeLog through a CSV file for electronic tax filing purposes.
Please Note: The navigation steps above are provided to assist our customers with importing a .CSV file in to the TaxACT program. As the brokerage firm listed above is not associated with 2nd Story Software, Inc. (TaxACT), we cannot guarantee the steps are 100% accurate. If you should need additional assistance while retrieving your .CSV file from the broker, please contact their support department for further information.
You should compare the CSV or Excel file you obtain from your broker with the information that was reported to you on Form 1099-B. All transactions reported on Form 1099-B need to be included in your CSV or Excel file. If there are ANY transactions missing from your CSV or Excel file, you will need to manually add these transactions to your file before importing into TaxACT.