To export a CSV file from Scottrade for import into your TaxACT return, follow these steps:
- Go to the Scottrade website
- Log in to your account
- Click on the My Account tab
- Click on the Gain/Loss & Tax Center link on the left
- Click on the Gain/Loss Reports tab
- On the drop down from the Gain/Loss Reports tab click Prior Year Realized Gain Loss
- Click View Details
- Click on the Export to Excel link on the right
- The file being exported should already be in the .CSV file format. Click to Save this .CSV file to a location on your computer.
- Import this file into TaxACT
TaxACT has partnered with TradeLog to offer its customers a solution for calculating capital gains on Schedule D. The list of transactions reportable on the Form 8949 and Schedule D can be imported into TaxACT from TradeLog through a CSV file for electronic tax filing purposes.
Please Note: The navigation steps above are provided to assist our customers with importing a .CSV file in to the TaxACT program. As the brokerage firm listed above is not associated with 2nd Story Software, Inc. (TaxACT), we cannot guarantee the steps are 100% accurate. If you should need additional assistance while retrieving your .CSV file from the broker, please contact their support department for further information.
You should compare the CSV or Excel file you obtain from your broker with the information that was reported to you on Form 1099-B. All transactions reported on Form 1099-B need to be included in your CSV or Excel file. If there are ANY transactions missing from your CSV or Excel file, you will need to manually add these transactions to your file before importing into TaxACT.