Saving your return is easy with TaxACT Online. Using your Online account, you may save your return in Portable Document Format (PDF) which can be saved for archiving or printing at a later date.
IMPORTANT: You must first have Adobe Acrobat Reader® installed.
Saving Your Return in PDF Format
- Go to TaxACT.com.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on the green Sign In button.
- Either enter your Username and Password for your current year's return -OR- click on Access Prior Year Returns as indicated below:
- If you need a prior year return, you will be prompted for the specific tax year's return you wish to access.
- Sign in with your Username and Password.
- If accessing 2014 - locate the return you wish to print and click on the Open button to the right of it. If accessing a prior year - continue to Step 6.
- Click on the Print link in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose the print option which best suits you.
- Mail a Paper Return - This option will display all forms required to file your return by mail.
- Print Return & Instructions - This option will display a copy of your return and the filing instructions. (E-File instructions will be available after your return has been transmitted to TaxACT)
- Once you choose the form you wish to print and click on it, you will be given the instructions to "Click the link below to view/print your..." and will indicate which form you are about to print.
- Click on the link that says Your Federal or Your State Return.pdf
- This will open the document in a PDF format. You may right click on the document and click on Save as to save it to the location you wish.
- Your Return file will be saved with the extension of .pdf and can be viewed at a later time by opening it in Adobe Acrobat Reader®.
Was this helpful to you?