Saving your return is easy with TaxACT Online. Using your Online account, you may save your return in Portable Document Format (PDF) which can be saved for archiving or printing at a later date.
IMPORTANT: You must first have Adobe Acrobat Reader« installed.
Saving Your Return in PDF Format
- Go to TaxACTOnline.com (Clicking this link will open a new window).
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on the green Sign In button.
- Either enter your Username and Password for your current year's return -OR- click on Access Prior Year Returns as indicated below:
- If you need a prior year return, you will be prompted for the specific tax year's return you wish to access.
- Sign in with your Username and Password.
- In the upper right of the page, click on the Print link.
- Choose the print option which best suits you.
- Mail a Paper Return - This option will display all forms required to file your return by mail.
- Print Return & Instructions - This option will display a copy of your return and the filing instructions. (E-File instructions will be available after your return has been transmitted to TaxACT)
- Once you choose the form you wish to print and click on it, you will be given the instructions to "Click the link below to view/print your..." and will indicate which form you are about to print.
- Right-click on the link and then select "Save Target As..." or "Save As..." depending upon your browser.
- The Filename will be filled in with the default form name. You may change this filename if you wish. We also recommend that you either change the "Save In" location to an easy-to-locate folder or write the default down.
- Click OK
- Your Return file will be saved with the extension of .pdf and can be viewed at a later time by opening it in Adobe Acrobat Reader«.