Downloading and Installing
Once you have received your order confirmation and know your Customer ID and Password, please follow these instructions to download and install your Desktop version of TaxACT.
Note - You can re-download and install any previously purchased software at no additional charge by following these same instructions.
- Go to the My Account and Downloads - Sign-In page.
- You will then be prompted for your Customer ID and Password.
- After signing in, select the "All Downloads" link under the "My Downloads" heading. (see below)
- Click on the Download button next to the file you want to download.
- Save the file to a location you will have access to such as "My Documents" or "Desktop". *
- Once downloaded, you will need to double-click on the file icon to install the software.
* You may also save the TaxACT Installation file to another location such as a CD-RW, USB drive, or other storage device by downloading to your hard drive and copying the file to the other device using the software provided by its manufacturer.
Download OptionsFull Install -vs- Update
- If you are installing the program for the first time please click the Download button next to the selection labeled Full Install
- If you have installed TaxACT previously and want to update to the latest version please click the link Click for Update as this will simply download the latest update currently available for TaxACT.
The download times vary depending on your modem speed or Internet connection type, and how much traffic is on the web site.
The approximate download times for TaxACT federal editions are as follows:
||Approximate Download Time|
|56 K Modem
If you experience a time-out, your internet connection was interrupted, or for some other reason your download was interrupted, please try the following suggestions:
- Try your download again. Use the steps in the above instructions to attempt downloading the product again.
- Try using a download manager to assist with your download. An internet search for "free download manager" should find several programs that can be used to complete your download over a dial-up connection.
- We also offer the TaxACT program in CD format. You may contact our Sales department and we can cancel your "Download" order and replace your order as a CD order (shipping and handling charges will apply).