IRS Form 5329 is used to report additional taxes on:
- Early distributions from retirement plans (Form 1099-R)
- Certain distributions from education accounts
- Excess contributions to traditional IRAs
- Excess contributions to Roth IRAs
- Excess contributions to Coverdell ESAs
- Excess contributions to Archer MSAs
- Excess contributions to HSAs
- Excess accumulation in a retirement plan
For additional information see the IRS Instructions for Form 5329.
To enter, review, or delete information for Form 5329:
- From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal Q&A tab
- Click Retirement Plan Income to expand the category and then click [Taxpayer or Spouse] Additional taxes on qualified plans (Form 5329)
- Click Review next to the entry you wish to make or modify
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information
Was this helpful to you?