REJECTION CODES F1040-513, F1040A-513, and F1040A-145
Spouse Listed as Primary Taxpayer or Dependent on Another Return.
If your return was rejected because your spouse's SSN was listed as the primary taxpayer or dependent on another return, please verify that the Social Security Number entered for the spouse is correct. This information should be the same as that printed on the spouse's social security card.
If the information was entered correctly, you will need to file a PAPER return. Make sure to attach the rejection message to the return when you mail it in.
If the information was NOT entered correctly, make the appropriate changes and resubmit your return.
To edit your spouse's information and resubmit the electronic return:
- From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal Q&A tab
- Click Basic Information to expand the category and then click Name and Address
- Continue to the screen titled Spouse and enter the corrected Spouse's social security number
- Click on the Filing tab
- Click on E-File My Return
- Continue through the e-file steps to resubmit your return