2008 Deluxe: Advanced Import, Help & Tools
Returning users - transfer key info from last year, saving time & errors.
New! Maximize Your Tax Deductions with Donation Assistant®
Turn your charitable donations into big tax savings! Donation Assistant lets you accurately track your donations and, based on condition, provides you with certified resale values for nearly 700 commonly donated items - eliminating the guess work and putting more cash in your wallet.
Save Time & Reduce Errors
There is key tax info in your prior year return that's required to use efile & more. TaxACT Data Import automatically fills in that info - you'll save time & minimize data entry errors.
Walks You Through Life Changes
Did something change in your life this year? TaxACT Life Events help determine the tax implications & show how to get the biggest income tax deductions possible.
Tax Help & Advice On Demand
Find the IRS deductions & credits you deserve. TaxACT TaxTutor Guidance cuts through the jargon & explains complex tax laws, pitfalls to avoid, recent tax law changes, tax filing tips, and year-end tax strategies.
Income Tax Calculators & Reports
Powerful income tax calculators give you control of your taxes. Save money with joint vs separate & national average comparisons, view the status of your depreciation, disposal, capital gains, and more!
Complete the FAFSA With Ease
TaxACT's College Student Financial Aid Report simplifys completion of the FAFSA application by gathering all the tax information you'll need in an easy-to-follow document.
Free Guidance from Tax Specialists
Never get stumped by a tax question again! Let our highly qualified tax specialists guide you through specific tax situations via phone or e-mail at no additional cost.
New! Walk-Through Videos
Our video tour guides help transition you through each step in the TaxACT process. Learn about available tax saving tools, documents to have on hand, and more.
100% Accuracy Guaranteed
Rest easy knowing that your tax return is guaranteed accurate! If you are assessed a penalty due to a calculation error in TaxACT, we’ll pay the penalty & interest.
Packed with features to make tax filing fast & easy:
- Time-saving Import feature—Why risk costly data entry errors re-keying the same data every year? Simply import key data from your previous year's TaxACT return, such as name, address, kids' names, employer information, loss carry-forwards and more!
- Prepare and print unlimited tax returns. You can prepare & print federal income tax returns for yourself, parents, children, and more at no additional cost.
- Versatile printing options—Print multiple copies of tax returns, or print just individual forms.
- All-State Tax Planner - simply answer a few state-specific questions to estimate your state taxes for 2008, and your year-end state tax planning is done too.
- College Student Financial Aid Worksheet - It's never been easier to complete the FAFSA. Prepare and print a handy worksheet with the tax information you'll need for the college financial aid you seek.
- Import capital gains transactions from GainsKeeper—Keeping track of your mutual fund, stock, and options transactions just got easier.
- Password Protection—Keep your data safe from others who may have access to your computer. You can assign a unique password to each return you create.
- Automatic Update Wizard—Auto-installs the latest version of the software.
- Handy "Tax Refund" or "Amount Owed" display—The refund or amount owed is constantly visible on-screen, updating automatically so you know your moment-to-moment tax filing situation.
Expert tax help, advice, & guidance is built-in!
- TaxACT® TaxPayer SupportTM. Doing your taxes is stressful – especially when you're stumped by a tax question. Many do-it-yourselfers need the guidance of a tax specialist to walk them through specific tax situations. Via phone or e-mail, TaxACT TaxPayer Support provides Deluxe desktop and Online users access to a highly qualified panel of TaxACT experts at no additional cost.
- “Learn More” Self-help Feature. Get answers to your questions faster! Help is on the way with the new “Learn More” link on Quick Q&A Topics.
- Expert Tax Help featuring J.K. Lasser. Every question in the TaxACT Deluxe Tax Q&A process is connected directly to the most relevant advice from J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax, America's all-time best-selling tax guide. Receive timely tax tips that explain complex tax laws, pitfalls to avoid, recent tax law changes, tax filing tips, and year-end tax strategies.
- Informative Life Events advice assist you in determining how to handle over 30 major Life Events such as getting married, having children, selling your home, and others that have an impact on your taxes.
- In-depth Form Instructions give guidance for every entry in the Tax Q&A.
- Topic Search. Have a question about where to enter your tax information? TaxACT's Topic Search feature has been expanded to include even more topics. Just enter the keywords in the Search Box located in the top right corner of TaxACT's screen. You'll immediately be given a list of relative tax topics to guide you to the appropriate interview question.
- Alerts help you steer clear of problems—TaxACT meticulously inspects your return and alerts you to errors, omissions, and valuable tax-saving opportunities you may have missed.
- Online Help is only a click away! In-product online help guides you through using the program.
- Need additional assistance with your TaxACT Deluxe software? No problem! Receive technical support FREE from TaxACT by Email, Over the Web using our extensive online FAQs, and Phone (normal long-distance phone charges apply).
Powerful tools, reports, & extras!
- PDF Printing Capabilities. No printer? No Problem. TaxACT's PDF printing functionality inside the program supports the ability to print anything to a PDF formatted file. The pdf file is a great convenience that you can take to a printer anytime, and it makes storing a copy of your return easier. No need to keep old versions of TaxACT around just to view or print your prior year return.
- Display Screen Auto-sizer. Don't squint to see that form! TaxACT auto-sizes the forms displayed on your screen to whatever resolution you're running. Reading forms on your screen just got a ton easier.
- Tax Watch—TaxACT analyzes your current return and identifies areas that may be affected by next year's tax law changes. Plus, you get valuable tax-saving tips and financial reminders to help you minimize the impact of those changes.
- "Where Does Your Money Go" Table—Ever wonder how your tax dollars are spent each year? This handy component of the Tax Watch feature provides a summary of government tax spending percentages based on the taxes you paid in.
- Tax Calculator—Perform what-if scenarios with your federal income tax return without adjusting your actual numbers! This feature summarizes your tax return, and gives you the ability to enter adjustments, positive or negative, to see the impact on your taxes.
- National Averages Comparison—Identify potential "hotspots" that may catch the IRS's eye and know where you stand with the rest of the taxpaying public.
- Maximize your depreciation deductions—The Depreciation Summary, Future Years Depreciation Summary, and Disposal Summary Reports provide an easy method to review all of your assets in one convenient list to make sure that you are not missing out on any valuable deductions.
- Joint vs. Separate—With the click of a button, determine the difference in your tax obligation if you filed Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate.
- Loan Calculator—Calculate payments based on loan amount, interest rate and loan period. Plus, view and print your payment schedule!
- Savings Calculator—Calculate future value based on deposit amount, interest rate and savings period. Plus, view and print your savings schedule!
- Self-Employment Adjustments Worksheet—Simply answer a few interview questions and all of your numbers will automatically flow to the appropriate tax form. What could be easier?
Federal income tax forms you need - right at your fingertips!
- Includes the IRS Forms & Schedules you need to complete your personal income tax return, including 1040, 1040A, 1040X, Schedule C and many more. You can be sure all forms & schedules are up-to-date, reflecting all the latest tax law changes. And no more hassle finding the right paper forms—easily print IRS-approved forms onto plain paper. (For a complete listing, see the Forms, Schedules, and Worksheets Charts.)
- Multiple occurrences of supporting forms? Piece of cake! Enter as many copies of a supporting form as necessary. If you changed jobs in the middle of the year and have two W-2 forms, TaxACT can handle it!
- Split your Tax Refund - you can have your federal tax refund split up and directly deposited into multiple accounts, such as checking, savings, retirement, college education, etc. Just use Form 8888.
1 Add $5.95 for Deluxe on CD-ROM to cover shipping & handling.
* The IRS only accepts E-filed returns from January - October 15th of the most recent tax season. For this reason, e-filing is no longer available for TaxACT 2008 Deluxe.