2006 Deluxe: Advanced Import, Help & Tools
Returning users - transfer key info from last year, saving time & errors.
Loaded with tax help and advice to make tax filing a breeze!
Maximize your tax deductions and credits for a bigger tax refund. Includes expert tax help & advice to find IRS tax deductions and credits, potentially saving you big money. Life Events guidance helps you deal with marriage, buying a home, inheritance, stock options, home equity loans, and other topics that impact your federal income tax. File taxes online free with IRS efile.
New! College Student Financial Aid Worksheet - Prepare and print a handy worksheet with the tax information you'll need to complete the FAFSA.
- Expert advice on every deduction - Find the tax deductions and credits you deserve with expert tax help from J.K. Lasser. Timely federal income tax tips explain complex tax laws, pitfalls to avoid, recent tax law changes, tax filing tips, and year-end tax strategies.
- Informative Life Events Guidance assists you in determining how to handle major Life Events such as getting married, having children, buying a home, and others that impact your taxes.
- FREE Technical Support by Phone, Email, and Over the Web - Need assistance with your TaxACT Deluxe software? No problem!
- Time-saving Import Feature - Why risk costly data entry errors re-keying the same data every year? Simply import key data from your previous year's TaxACT return.
- Alerts help you steer clear of problems - TaxACT meticulously inspects your return for errors, omissions, and valuable tax-saving opportunities you may have missed.
- Prepare and print unlimited federal tax returns at no additional cost!
- FREE Tax Filing with IRS E-file! Get your tax refund FAST and worry-free. You'll receive an acknowledgement as proof that your return has been filed.*
- 100% Accuracy Guaranteed! If you are assessed a penalty due to a calculation error in TaxACT Deluxe, we'll pay the penalty & interest.
New Features for TaxACT 2006 Deluxe:
- New! PDF Printing Capabilities - No printer? No problem. Save a copy of your return in a convenient PDF formatted file.
- New! College Student Financial Aid Worksheet - It's never been easier to complete the FAFSA. Prepare and print a handy worksheet with the tax information you'll need for the college financial aid you seek.
- New! Q&A Search Feature - Have a question about where to enter any of your tax information? Just enter the keywords in the Q&A Search Box and you'll be given a list of relative tax topics to guide you to the appropriate interview question.
- New! Stored Value Card - No credit card or bank account? You're covered. If you have a refund amount due, you can elect to purchase a Stored Value Card (SVC) that resembles a traditional deposit account debit card in functionality. (Available to ALL TaxACT Free Edition & Deluxe users that e-file their federal tax return. Additional service fees apply.)
- New! Split your Tax Refund - This year, you can have your federal tax refund split up and directly deposited into multiple accounts, such as checking, savings, retirement, college education, etc. Just use Form 8888.
Packed with features to make tax filing fast & easy:
- Time-saving Import feature - Why risk costly data entry errors re-keying the same data every year? Simply import key data from your previous year's TaxACT return, such as name, address, kids' names, employer information, loss carry-forwards and more!
- Prepare and print unlimited tax returns. - You can prepare & print federal income tax returns for yourself, parents, children, and more at no additional cost.
- Versatile printing options - Print multiple copies of tax returns, or print just individual forms.
- Import capital gains transactions from GainsKeeper - Keeping track of your mutual fund, stock, and options transactions just got easier.
- Password Protection - Keep your data safe from others who may have access to your computer. You can assign a unique password to each return you create.
- Automatic Update Wizard - Auto-installs the latest version of the software.
- Handy "Tax Refund" or "Amount Owed" display - The refund or amount owed is constantly visible on-screen, updating automatically so you know your moment-to-moment tax filing situation.
Expert tax help, advice, & guidance is built-in!
- Expert Tax Help featuring J.K. Lasser - Every question in the TaxACT Deluxe Tax Q&A process is connected directly to the most relevant advice from J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax, America's all-time best-selling tax guide. Receive timely tax tips that explain complex tax laws, pitfalls to avoid, recent tax law changes, tax filing tips, and year-end tax strategies.
- Informative Life Events advice - Assists you in determining how to handle major Life Events such as getting married, having children, selling your home, and others that have an impact on your taxes.
- In-depth Form Instructions - Give guidance for every entry in the Tax Q&A.
- Alerts help you steer clear of problems! - TaxACT meticulously inspects your return and alerts you to errors, omissions, and valuable tax-saving opportunities you may have missed.
- Online Help is only a click away - In-product online help guides you through using the program.
- Need additional assistance with your TaxACT Deluxe software? No problem! Receive technical support FREE from TaxACT by Email, Over the Web using our extensive online FAQs, and Phone (normal long-distance phone charges apply).
Powerful tools, reports, & extras!
- Tax Watch - TaxACT analyzes your current return and identifies areas that may be affected by next year's tax law changes. Plus, you get valuable tax-saving tips and financial reminders to help you minimize the impact of those changes.
- "Where Does Your Money Go" Table - Ever wonder how your tax dollars are spent each year? This handy component of the Tax Watch feature provides a summary of government tax spending percentages based on the taxes you paid in.
- Tax Calculator - Perform what-if scenarios with your federal income tax return without adjusting your actual numbers! This feature summarizes your tax return, and gives you the ability to enter adjustments, positive or negative, to see the impact on your taxes.
- National Averages Comparison - Identify potential "hotspots" that may catch the IRS's eye and know where you stand with the rest of the taxpaying public.
- Depreciation Calculator - Just enter your depreciable assets and prior year's depreciation, and TaxACT Depreciation Calculator will automatically calculate your current year's depreciation.
- Invaluable depreciation reports included - 2006 Depreciation Summary, 2007 Depreciation Summary, and 2006 Disposal Summary. A must for anyone depreciating assets! Sort any report online by asset name or date acquired.
- Joint vs. Separate - With the click of a button, determine the difference in your tax obligation if you filed Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate.
- Loan Calculator - Calculate payments based on loan amount, interest rate and loan period. Plus, view and print your payment schedule!
- Savings Calculator - Calculate future value based on deposit amount, interest rate and savings period. Plus, view and print your savings schedule!
- Self-Employment Adjustments Worksheet - Simply answer a few interview questions and all of your numbers will automatically flow to the appropriate tax form. What could be easier?
Federal income tax forms you need - right at your fingertips!
- Includes the IRS Forms & Schedules you need to complete your personal income tax return, including 1040, 1040A, 1040X, Schedule C and many more. You can be sure all forms & schedules are up-to-date, reflecting all the latest tax law changes. And no more hassle finding the right paper forms - easily print IRS-approved forms onto plain paper. (For a complete listing, see the Forms, Schedules, and Worksheets Charts.)
- Multiple occurrences of supporting forms? Piece of cake! Enter as many copies of a supporting form as necessary. If you changed jobs in the middle of the year and have two W-2 forms, TaxACT can handle it!
1 Add $5.95 for Deluxe on CD-ROM to cover shipping & handling.
* The IRS only accepts E-filed returns from January - October 15th of the most recent tax season. For this reason, e-filing is no longer available for TaxACT 2006 Deluxe.