2003 Deluxe: Advanced Import, Help & Tools
Returning users - transfer key info from last year, saving time & errors.
TaxACT 2003 Deluxe Highlights:
Make completing your federal 1040 taxes easier than ever!
- Expanded tax help featuring J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax Guide - You'll receive expert tax help throughout the TaxACT Deluxe Tax Q&A process, timely tax tips that explain complex tax laws, pitfalls to avoid, recent tax law changes, and more!
- Over 110 forms, schedules, & worksheets - There's no hassle getting those last-minute copies of the right paper forms with Deluxe.
- 100% Accuracy Guarantee - If you are assessed a penalty due to a calculation error in TaxACT Deluxe, we'll pay the penalty & interest.
Deluxe is packed with features to make your data entry a breeze!
- Time-saving Import feature—No need to re-key the same data every year! Why risk costly data entry errors? With TaxACT Deluxe, you simply import key data from your previous year's return, such as name, address, kids' names, employer information, loss carry-forwards and more!
- Prepare and print as many returns as you wish—FREE! Prepare and print an unlimited number of returns. You can prepare returns for yourself, parents, children, and more at no additional cost.
- Alerts help you steer clear of problems—TaxACT meticulously inspects your return and alerts you to errors, omissions, and valuable tax saving opportunities you may have missed. If there's an issue, it takes you directly to the problem so you can fix it. Best of all, you'll slash your tax obligation with tips from our tax-saving Green Alerts!
- Versatile printing options—Print multiple copies of tax returns, or print just individual forms. The choice is yours, all at no extra charge!
- Password Protection—Keep your data safe from others who may have access to your computer. You can assign a unique password to each return you create.
- Automatic Update Wizard—Auto-installs the latest version of the software!
- TaxACT addresses the tax needs of investors—Import capital gains transactions from GainsKeeper. Keeping track of your mutual fund, stock, and options transactions just got easier.
Tax advice from the experts—without ever leaving your home!
- New & Improved! Expert Tax Help featuring J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2004 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Whether you have a specific tax issue, need help with a form, or are in need of tax saving ideas, you'll get the answers you need quickly. Every question in the TaxACT Deluxe Tax Q&A process is connected directly to the most relevant advice from J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2004, America's all-time best-selling tax guide.
In addition, receive timely tax tips that explain complex tax laws, pitfalls to avoid, recent tax law changes, and provide filing tips and year-end tax strategies. Plus, new Form Instructions give in-depth guidance for every entry in the Tax Q&A.
- Informative Life Events advice—TaxACT assists you in determining how to handle major Life Events such as getting married, having children, selling your home, and other events that have an impact on your taxes.
- Tax Watch—TaxACT analyzes your current return and identifies areas that may be affected by next year's tax law changes. Plus, you get valuable tax-saving tips and financial reminders to help you minimize the impact of those changes.
- "Where Does Your Money Go" Table—Ever wonder how your tax dollars are spent each year? This handy component of the Tax Watch feature provides a summary of government tax spending percentages based on the taxes you paid in.
- Tax Calculator—Perform what-if scenarios with your tax return without adjusting your actual numbers! This feature summarizes your tax return, and gives you the ability to enter adjustments, positive or negative, to see the impact on your taxes.
- National Averages Comparison—Identify potential "hotspots" that may catch the IRS's eye and know where you stand with the rest of the taxpaying public.
The tax forms you need—right at your fingertips!
- Handy "Tax Refund" or "Amount Owed" display—The refund or amount owed is constantly visible on-screen, updating automatically so you know your moment-to-moment tax situation.
- TaxACT's Q&A Interview method guides you through the process—Simply answer some questions, and the software automatically enters the data onto the appropriate form, schedule, or worksheet! Or, more experienced users can save time by skipping the interview questions and entering data directly onto the tax forms.
- No hassle of trying to get copies of the right paper forms—With TaxACT, it's all right there on your computer! Easily print IRS-approved forms onto plain paper.
- Over 110 forms, schedules, and worksheets—including 1040, 1040A, Schedule C and many more. And, you can be sure your forms and schedules are up-to-date, reflecting all the latest tax law changes. (For a complete listing, see the Forms, Schedules, and Worksheets charts.
- Multiple occurrences of supporting forms? Piece of cake!—TaxACT Deluxe Edition allows you to enter as many copies of a supporting form as necessary. If you changed jobs in the middle of the year and have two W-2 forms, TaxACT can handle it!
- Depreciation Calculator—Just enter your depreciable assets and prior year's depreciation, and TaxACT Depreciation Calculator will automatically calculate your current year's depreciation.
- Password Protection—Keep your data safe from others who may have access to your computer.
- Online Help is only a click away! TaxACT includes in-product online help to guide you through using the program.
- Accuracy Guarantee—Rest assured knowing our calculations are correct. If you are assessed a penalty due to a calculation error in TaxACT Deluxe, we will pay the penalty for you!
Analyze your tax situation with powerful in-depth reports and calculators!
- Custom Print Options—Pick specific forms and schedules to print.
- Invaluable depreciation reports included—2002 Depreciation Summary, 2003 Depreciation Summary, and 2002 Disposal Summary—a must for anyone depreciating assets! Sort any report online by asset name or date acquired.
- Joint vs. Separate—With the click of a button, determine the difference in your tax obligation if you filed Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate.
- Loan Calculator—Calculate payments based on loan amount, interest rate and loan period. Plus, view and print your payment schedule!
- Savings Calculator—Calculate future value based on deposit amount, interest rate and savings period. Plus, view and print your savings schedule!
- Self-Employed Adjustments for Clergy—TaxACT includes interview questions specifically designed to help clergy prepare their taxes. Simply answer a few questions in the interview, and all of your numbers will automatically flow to the appropriate tax form. What could be easier?
TaxACT State Edition makes preparing your state return a snap!
- TaxACT State Editions integrate seamlessly—Add any TaxACT State Edition, and your federal information will be automatically transferred and calculated by the state software. No need to re-enter all that data!
1 Add $5.95 for Deluxe on CD-ROM to cover shipping & handling.
* The IRS only accepts E-filed returns from January - October 15th of the most recent tax season. For this reason, e-filing is no longer available for TaxACT 2003 Deluxe.