2000 Deluxe: Advanced Import, Help & Tools
Returning users - transfer key info from last year, saving time & errors.
TaxACT 2000 Deluxe Overview:
TaxACT Deluxe by 2nd Story Software, Inc. TaxACT makes completing your federal taxes easier than ever! TaxACT is developed by a team of tax accountants and programmers. With their experience on your side, TaxACT sorts through the new tax law changes! Never again worry about doing your taxes, let TaxACT do it for you!
It's up to you—save time, save money! Print your return on plain paper for FREE! Plus, with TaxACT, you can select your own PIN number for a truly paperless return. It's the IRS's new Self-Selected PIN Program!
Deluxe is packed with features to make your data entry a breeze!
- View your tax refund or amount you owe—it's always displayed, so you'll know where you stand at all times.
- Two easy ways to enter data—you choose how you enter data. TaxACT gives you the option of entering data using the Interview or you can enter data directly onto the appropriate forms and schedules.
- It's in there! TaxACT includes the most commonly used forms, schedules and worksheets. TaxACT includes: Forms 1040; Schedules A, B, C, D, E, F, H, J, R, EIC, SE, K-1 Input; and Forms 1116, 2106, 2119, 2210, 2441, 3903, 4136, 4562, 4684, 4797, 4835, 4868, 4869, 6251, 6252, 8283, 8453, 8582, 8606, 8615, 8812, 8814, 8829, 8863 and more.
- Multiple occurrences of supporting forms—No problem. TaxACT allows you to enter as many copies of a supporting form as necessary. If you changed jobs in the middle of the year and have two W-2 forms, it's no problem for TaxACT!
- Depreciation Calculator—just enter your depreciable assets and prior year's depreciation, and TaxACT Depreciation Calculator will automatically calculate your current year's depreciation.
- Online Help is only a click away! TaxACT includes in-product online help to guide you through using the program.
- Seamless transfer of your federal data to your state return. TaxACT automatically interfaces with your State Edition once it is installed. If you don't have a State Edition installed, TaxACT will launch your web browser so you can download it from the TaxACT.com web site immediately!
- State Packages Available—All 43 resident state packages available. Electronic filing available for some states. Check here to view a list of states.
Deluxe Features not in the Free 2000 Standard Edition
- National Averages Comparison—Identify potential "hotspots" that may catch the IRS's eye and know where you stand with the rest of the taxpaying public.
- Custom Print Options—Pick specific forms and schedules to print.
- Import data from TaxACT '99 Standard and Deluxe—No need to re-key important information from last year!
- Password Protection—Keep your data safe from others who may have access to your computer.
- Life Events—When you must deal with real-life events that happen once or twice in your life, you can't be expected to know how to handle their tax implications. TaxACT incorporates special help wizards to step you through the tax consequences of your life events, like selling your home, having a baby, receiving inheritance, getting a divorce and many more!
- Loan Calculator—Calculate payments based on loan amount, interest rate and loan period. Plus, view and print your payment schedule!
- Savings Calculator—Calculate future value based on deposit amount, interest rate and savings period. Plus, view and print your savings schedule!
- Tax Advisor—Expert advice from "Your Federal Income Tax - For Individuals 2000". Full of step-by-step questions and examples to help you accurately complete IRS tax forms.
- Unlimited number of returns—there's no limit to the number of returns you can complete. Use it to do your neighbor's, friend's, in-law's, and uncle's return.*
- Depreciation Reports—Two detailed depreciation reports available. Print a list of your depreciable assets including this year's depreciation and accumulated depreciation. Or, print a report detailing next year's depreciation! Sort either report online by asset name or date acquired.
- Tax Watch—TaxACT Deluxe reviews your 1999 tax return and identifies areas that may be affected by next year's tax law changes. Plus, it gives you tips on ways to minimize the impact of those changes.
- Tax Calculator—Perform what-if scenarios with your tax return without adjusting your actual numbers! This feature summarizes your tax return, and gives you the ability to enter adjustments, positive or negative, to see the impact on your taxes.
- Joint vs. Separate—With the click of a button, determine the difference in your tax obligation if you filed Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate.
- Accuracy Guarantee—If you should be assessed an IRS penalty due to a calculation error in TaxACT, 2nd Story Software pays your penalty!
- ClergyTax Worksheet—Specially designed for Clergy, now you get an integrated system for completing your taxes! Just complete the 12 steps in J. David Epstein's ClergyTax Book. Then enter the results into the ClergyTax Worksheet incorporated into TaxACT Deluxe. Your information will automatically be entered on the correct forms and schedules.
1 Add $5.95 for Deluxe on CD-ROM to cover shipping & handling.
* The IRS only accepts E-filed returns from January - October 15th of the most recent tax season. For this reason, e-filing is no longer available for TaxACT 2000 Deluxe.