IRS Tax Tips
January 18, 2007 – IRS Tax Tip 2007-13
Quick and Easy Access to IRS Forms and Publications
The Internal Revenue Service has many forms and free publications on a wide variety of topics to help you understand and meet tax filing requirements. If you need IRS materials try one of these easy options:
- Internet: You can access forms and publications on the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at IRS.gov.
- Phone: Call 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676) to order current year forms, instructions and publications and prior year forms and instructions. You should receive your order within 10 days.
- Walk-in: During the tax-filing season, many libraries and post offices offer free tax forms to taxpayers. Some libraries also have copies of commonly-requested publications. Braille materials are also available. Many large grocery stores, copy centers, and office supply stores have forms you can photocopy or print from a CD.
- Mail: Send your order for tax forms and publications to National Distribution Center, P.O. Box 8903, Bloomington, IL 61702-8903. You should receive your products within 10 days after we receive your order.
- Publication 910, Guide to Free Tax Services (PDF 636K)
- Publication 2053A, Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help and Forms (PDF 40K)
- Order Publication 1796, Federal Tax Products on CD-ROM, from NTIS — the National Technical Information Service.
- State tax forms