TaxACT® Launches Solutions for 2012 Tax Planning and Preparation
Free year-end tax planning and organization tools for all taxpayers.
Cedar Rapids, IA - October 1, 2012 - TaxACT 2012 tax preparation solutions are now available for free use at taxact.com. Preview versions of TaxACT are launched in October to help taxpayers calculate federal and state taxes, uncover potential year-end tax savings opportunities and get organized.
Although notable tax law changes are expected to be made in the next few months, taxpayers are advised to calculate their 2012 taxes under current law in order to prevent large balances or overpayment. As users answer questions, TaxACT calculates federal and state tax amounts, and alerts users of expired tax laws that may be extended or revised.
TaxACT Preview gives taxpayers several advantages, says TaxACT President JoAnn Kintzel. "Besides showing how pending tax law changes could impact your bottom line, TaxACT identifies opportunities for savings that require action by December 31. Whether your goal is to maximize your refund or minimize your balance owed through adjusted withholding, TaxACT can help you do that. With TaxACT, you don't need to hire a CPA or pay any money for year-end planning or calculating your 2012 taxes."
All taxpayers can use TaxACT 2012 products for free and without risk. It's always free to use TaxACT Free Federal Edition, and digital Deluxe users do not have to pay the guaranteed low $9.95 price until filing, redeeming phone support or previewing forms. Download Deluxe customers don't have to pay until early January when the "Final" edition of Deluxe is launched.
Regardless of when Congress finalizes tax law changes, Kintzel said taxpayers can count on TaxACT for clear, easy guidance whenever they're ready to do their taxes. "We work directly with the IRS to seamlessly navigate our customers through complicated tax code and to their maximum refund as quickly as possible."
Final editions of TaxACT federal solutions, as well as state editions, will be available starting in early January. In the meantime, the company will be launching several innovative products and features to support TaxACT's industry position as the value leader. Kintzel said, "Our new products and features support our pledge to TaxACT customers. We act responsibly with transparency and integrity to give all consumers affordable tax preparation solutions of the highest quality and value."
TaxACT 2012 Free Federal Preview Edition includes:
- 24/7 over-the-Web access on computers and tablets, or download TaxACT software for PCs and laptops.
- Free calculation of federal taxes, plus alerts for currently expired tax laws.
- Import of last year's return prepared by TurboTax® or H&R Block At Home®.
- Unlimited and free tax help online, via email and in the Answer Center - now with a more efficient and relevant search engine.
- Guidance through more than 35 Life Events such as marriage, children, college, unemployment, retirement and natural disasters.
- Time-saving data entry and navigation tools, including Bookmarks and Stock Assistant.
- College financial aid worksheet with all tax data needed for the FAFSA.
- Tax glossary with nearly 300 terms, plus loan and savings calculators.
- Maximum refund, accuracy and satisfaction guarantees.
TaxACT 2012 Deluxe includes extra tax planning guidance and tools:
- Import of last year's TaxACT return, W-2, investment, GainsKeeper and TradeLog data.
- TaxACT TaxTutor Guidance® with brand new, powerful content written by our team of CPAs and accountants. Information is now tailored to each interview question and includes easy-to-understand tax explanations, tips and hints.
- Donation Assistant® with nearly 1,300 audit-backed values to help maximize deductions for donated household items.
- Free and unlimited tax and technical help by phone upon product payment.
- Tax Calculator shows how different scenarios will affect your 2012, 2013 and 2014 taxes.
- Married joint vs. separate report plus depreciation and disposal summaries.
- Price Lock Guarantee for Online users and Money-Back Guarantee for download customers.
TaxACT, made by 2nd Story Software, is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and free e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the 2nd most visited online destination for tax preparation services for the past seven consecutive years . Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 38 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora™ [NASDAQ: BCOR]. Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
1 According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise™ during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 tax seasons.