TaxACT Press Release - April 05, 2011
TaxACT® Offers Free Solutions to Last-Minute Filers
All taxpayers can file a federal return or extension and get personalized tax help – free.
Cedar Rapids, IA – April 5, 2011 – TaxACT makes last-minute federal and state tax preparation and filing easy, fast and affordable.
"Tax preparation doesn't have to be stressful or expensive," said Lance Dunn, CEO of 2nd Story Software®. "TaxACT provides all the guidance and tools taxpayers need to file federal and state returns with ease and be confident about the results."
Everyone can prepare, print and e-file their federal return free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition. Unlike other free solutions, TaxACT includes step-by-step guidance and forms for complicated tax situations including itemized deductions and business, rental and investment income.
Taxpayers who need a 6-month filing extension can estimate their taxes and e-file Form 4868 free.
Other time-saving and convenience features of Free Federal Edition include:
- Import of key data from a PDF of last year's return prepared by 11 software solutions (supported solutions listed at www.taxact.com)
- Quick and direct form data entry options
- All e-fileable forms
- Guaranteed maximum refund in as few as 8 days with free e-file and direct deposit
- Free tax and technical help in the Answer Center, online or via e-mail
- TaxACT Examiners, Alerts, Accuracy Guarantee and Audit Assistant
- E-mail and/or text notifications from TaxACT when returns have been processed by the IRS, plus 24/7 status of e-filed returns at efstatus.taxact.com and m.taxact.com
Returning users and those who want extra tax tools and guidance, Deluxe includes import of last year's TaxACT return, Donation Assistant®, investment data import, Life Events and Tips, TaxTutor Guidance powered by J.K. Lasser and tax savings tips for next year.
TaxACT also offers a fast and affordable state solution. As users complete their federal return, data is entered into state forms so they can finish and file their state taxes in minutes.
- Online Free Edition users can add a state return with free e-file for just $17.95 – half the price of most state solutions, and download users can add a state return for $14.95.
- Online Deluxe users can prepare, print and e-file a state return for $8. The best value for download users is Ultimate Bundle (Deluxe + 1 State) for $21.95, which includes unlimited printed returns plus 1 free federal e-file. State returns and up to 4 more federal returns can be e-filed for $7.95 each.
Live phone help for the 2010 tax year is available to all users for a one-time fee of $7.95.
About 2nd Story Software
2nd Story Software, the makers of TaxACT, was founded in 1998 and is a critically-acclaimed leader in affordable tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT is the 2nd most visited online destination for tax preparation services*. Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 20 million e-filed Federal returns.
* According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise™ during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 tax seasons.