TaxACT Press Release - January 13, 2011
All taxpayers can e-file with TaxACT® starting tomorrow
Even those impacted by the IRS processing delay can e-file their federal return free with TaxACT
Cedar Rapids, IA – January 13, 2011 – All taxpayers can e-file a federal return free with TaxACT starting tomorrow, January 14. Online and download versions of TaxACT Free Federal and Deluxe Editions include one free federal e-file.
"We work closely with the IRS to give all taxpayers the fastest and easiest way to prepare their return, e-file and get their biggest guaranteed refund," said Lance Dunn, CEO of 2nd Story Software, the makers of TaxACT. "This year is no different. If your return includes itemized deductions, the Tuition and Fees Deduction, the Educator Expense Deduction or a few other forms the IRS won't process until February, you can still prepare and e-file with TaxACT before then."
TaxACT e-files returns to the IRS as soon as possible so customers receive their refunds quickly, in as few as 8 days with direct deposit. Users can choose to be notified when the IRS has processed their returns by e-mail and/or text message. They can also check the status of their returns any time at www.taxact.com.
The IRS will begin notifying e-filers whether their returns are accepted or rejected on Tuesday, January 18, after observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
About TaxACT products
- TaxACT Free Federal Edition – FREE to Prepare, FREE to Print, FREE to E-file® – for Everyone. No restrictions. The most complete free tax solution, covering simple and complex returns. Includes all e-fileable forms, unlimited tax help via e-mail, Maximum Refund Guarantee, Accuracy Guarantee, bookmarks, quick entry for W-2, 1099 and investment data, and PDF Import.
- TaxACT Deluxe ($9.95 Online or $12.95 download) – Recommended for TaxACT 2009 customers and users seeking extra tax tools and help. Includes Free Edition features plus TaxACT 2009 data import, Donation Assistant, unlimited Life Events guidance and tips, PDF Forms Preview, Price Lock Guarantee, investment data import, comparison reports, and TaxACT TaxTutor Guidance® powered by J.K. Lasser. TaxACT Online payment required when user prints, e-files or views PDFs of forms. Download users can print unlimited returns for free and e-file up to 4 additional returns for $7.95 each.
- TaxACT State ($14.95 Online and download) – The value leader in state tax preparation and filing. Information TaxACT Free Edition or Deluxe seamlessly transfers to state forms. Accuracy guaranteed. TaxACT Online State includes one free e-file and Price Lock Guarantee. Download users can e-file for just $7.95 (no charge for NY returns). TaxACT Online payment required when user prints, e-files or views PDFs of forms.
- TaxACT Ultimate Bundle – Deluxe + State ($17.95 Online or $21.95 download) – Best value for federal and state returns, saving users over 21%. One free federal and state e-file included with Online Ultimate Bundle. Online payment required when user prints, e-files or views PDFs of forms. Download version includes unlimited printed returns and one free federal e-file. Up to four more federal returns and state returns can be filed for just $7.95 each (no charge for NY returns).
More information about all products is available at www.taxact.com.
About 2nd Story Software
2nd Story Software, the makers of TaxACT, was founded in 1998 and is a critically-acclaimed leader in affordable tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT is the 2nd most visited online destination for tax preparation services*. Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 19 million e-filed Federal returns.
* According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise™ during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 tax seasons.