TaxACT Press Release - January 6, 2011
TaxACT offers easy, fast and affordable tax preparation solutions for everyone
Personalized guidance, new features and guarantees eliminate tax-time hassle and stress.
Cedar Rapids, IA – January 6, 2011 – Final versions of TaxACT® 2010 Free Federal and Deluxe Editions are now available, complete with the latest IRS forms and tax law changes. Online and download preview versions of TaxACT were launched in October for year-end tax estimates and planning.
"We've made the TaxACT features that millions of taxpayers rely on and trust even better," said Lance Dunn, President of 2nd Story Software. "For instance, TaxACT 2010 includes the new Answer Center for personalized guidance, streamlined navigation and more time-saving tools."
TaxACT's interview walks users through hundreds of credits and deductions, including those in the Tax Relief Act of 2010. "TaxACT customers can file with 100% confidence," Dunn added. "We back every Free Federal and Deluxe return with accuracy and maximum refund guarantees."
TaxACT Free Federal Edition allows all taxpayers to prepare, print and e-file free. As the most complete free tax preparation and filing solution, it includes:
- All e-fileable forms, including 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, and Schedules A, B, C, D, E, and SE
- Free unlimited tax or program help via e-mail
- The new Answer Center for free personalized tax or program help every step of the way
- New bookmarks to easily return to interview questions later
- Enhanced data import from PDFs of 2009 returns prepared by other software solutions *
- Free e-file for a refund in as few as 8 days with direct deposit
- Quick data entry options for W-2, 1099 and investment data
- Life Events guidance for one event
- Risk-free use with maximum refund and accuracy guarantees
- Audit Assistant
TaxACT Deluxe includes everything in Free Federal Edition, plus extra tax tools and help:
- Import data from TaxACT 2009 returns
- Enhanced Donation Assistant™ with audit-backed values for over 1,300 items
- Unlimited Life Events with new tips and reminders throughout the interview
- Expert tips from J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax, America's all-time best-selling tax guide
- As-you-go access to tax forms as PDF copies
- Import of investment data via CSV file
- Price Lock (TaxACT Online) and Money-Back (download products) Guarantees.
TaxACT 2010 State Editions will also start releasing this week.
Giving customers more for their money
- TaxACT Free Federal Edition – FREE to Prepare, FREE to Print, FREE to E-file™ – for Everyone. No restrictions. The most complete free tax solution, covering simple and complex returns. Includes all e-fileable forms, unlimited tax help via e-mail, Maximum Refund Guarantee, Accuracy Guarantee, bookmarks, quick entry for W-2, 1099 and investment data, and PDF Import.
- TaxACT Deluxe ($9.95 Online or $12.95 download) – Recommended for TaxACT 2009 customers and users seeking extra tax tools and help. Includes Free Edition features plus TaxACT 2009 data import, Donation Assistant, unlimited Life Events guidance and tips, PDF Forms Preview, Price Lock Guarantee, investment data import, comparison reports, and TaxACT TaxTutor Guidance® powered by J.K. Lasser. TaxACT Online payment required when user prints, e-files or views PDFs of forms. Download users can print unlimited returns for free and e-file up to 4 additional returns for $7.95 each.
- TaxACT State ($14.95 Online and download) – The value leader in state tax preparation and filing. Information TaxACT Free Edition or Deluxe seamlessly transfers to state forms. Accuracy guaranteed. TaxACT Online State includes one free e-file and Price Lock Guarantee. Download users can e-file for just $7.95 (no charge for NY returns). TaxACT Online payment required when user prints, e-files or views PDFs of forms.
- TaxACT Ultimate Bundle – Deluxe + State ($17.95 Online or $21.95 download) – Best value for federal and state returns, saving users over 21%. One free federal and state e-file included with Online Ultimate Bundle. Online payment required when user prints, e-files or views PDFs of forms. Download version includes unlimited printed returns and one free federal e-file. Up to four more federal returns and state returns can be filed for just $7.95 each.
About 2nd Story Software and TaxACT
2nd Story Software, the makers of TaxACT, was founded in 1998 and is a critically-acclaimed leader in affordable tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT is the 2nd most visited online destination for tax preparation services **. Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 19 million e-filed Federal returns.
TaxACT is the only Web-based tax planning and preparation solution to offer a year-round solution, releasing federal preview versions in October and final and state versions in January.
TaxACT business and professional software and products are also available. Visit www.taxact.com and www.prep.taxact.com for more information.
Find TaxACT on Facebook at www.facebook.com/taxact and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/taxact. The mobile site and blog can be found at m.taxact.com and blog.taxact.com.