TaxACT Affiliate Program FAQs
- How does the TaxACT Affiliate Program Work?
- When will the TaxACT Affiliate Program begin accepting publishers for the 2012 tax season?
- When can I begin promoting TaxACT?
- Who is LinkConnector?
- How do I earn compensation?
- Does it cost anything to become a TaxACT Affiliate?
- How do I join the TaxACT Affiliate Program?
- How will I know if I have been accepted?
- What are the common reasons that Applicants are denied TaxACT Affiliate Marketing status?
- How long will it take to receive a decision regarding my Application?
- Can I register directly through 2nd Story to become a TaxACT Affiliate?
- What is the duration for which Affiliates are "approved" to market TaxACT products?
- How and when is compensation issued to publishers promoting TaxACT?
- What if I don't agree with the amount reflected within my Affiliate Compensation check?
- I have a dispute with LinkConnector and I have done everything to work with them but still no resolution can be reached. Now what?
- If someone is referred to TaxACT.com and / or TaxACTOnline.com via my site's link but does not register to use a TaxACT product during their initial visit, will I receive credit if they return?
- What are my responsibilities as a TaxACT Affiliate?
- Is this an exclusive agreement?
- Does participating in TaxACT's Affiliate Program constitute as being an endorsement for TaxACT's products? Is this relationship considered to be a partnership between our two companies?
- How many links to TaxACT.com and / or TaxACTOnline.com should I integrate within my site?
- What if I have more than one Web site?
- What if I have more questions?
- My TaxACT application was approved last year and I think it's silly that I am expected to complete one this year, too. Why are you making me do this?
A: It's easy! Just add a TaxACT link (banner, text, or a combination of both) to your site, which directs your visitors to TaxACT and / or TaxACTOnline.com. After clicking on the tracking link from your web site, the Web surfer is taken to TaxACT Online or TaxACT.com where they must register for an account or place an order for TaxACT software. When the customer creates an account, by either registering or placing an order, your Affiliate ID is recorded.
A: LinkConnector manages the daily functions of the TaxACT Affiliate Program. Once your Affiliate Application has been submitted and LinkConnector has determined your approval status, LinkConnector shall send you a welcome e-mail with details outlining how you can register as a TaxACT Affiliate and access the tools that you will need to start making money by promoting TaxACT from your Web site.
A: 2nd Story Software has contracted LinkConnector - a proven specialist in performance-based marketing campaigns - LinkConnector, provides publishers with a dedicated support staff and their technology stands ready to serve you. 2nd Story's purpose for outsourcing its publishers' programs is to ensure that you have a wider selection of marketing creatives and real-time reporting tools that will benefit publishers by illustrating how to better maximize our advertising inventory.
A: TaxACT Affiliates benefit from a simplified incentive structure, which provides for a greater ability to generate revenue upfront. Under the management of the LinkConnector, 2nd Story is offers paid incentives based on the one thing you can control best - registrations!
After clicking on the TaxACT tracking link(s) embedded within your Web site, your site's referrals who register to access our free software (TaxACT Online Free Edition or the Free Edition download for Windows), or place an order, will earn you revenue based on the number of unique user registrations your site is able to acquire.
More information regarding the Affiliate Compensation Structure will be provided to qualified TaxACT Affiliates for the by LinkConnector. Publishers interested in marketing TaxACT must first register directly with LinkConnector to initiate enrollment in their network.
A: To qualify as a TaxACT Affiliate, you will need to:
- Complete a Registration Form with LinkConnector. This form represents your request to join their Affiliate Network. (There are no application or membership fees to join LinkConnector's marketing network or TaxACT's Affiliate Program.) Note: You must receive confirmation that you have been accepted into LinkConnector's Marketing Network before you can initiate enrollment in the TaxACT Affiliate Program. To get started, simply visit: Affiliate Application page
- Remember to Review LinkConnector's Affiliate Network Agreement Terms and Conditions, and 2nd Story's Program Regulations.
- Submit your registration form.
A: After reviewing your application, LinkConnector will notify you whether or not acceptance into their marketing network has been granted. If accepted, LinkConnector will provide you with information as to how you can enroll in the TaxACT Affiliate Program and start making money as a TaxACT Affiliate.
A: First, without exception, your site must be "live". This enables LinkConnector the ability to inspect your site's content, published policies and practices, as well as your company's reputation within the online community. In general, if your application's was declined, it was likely due to your site / company being deemed to:
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, illegal activities, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Violate intellectual property rights;
- Promote offers that are incompatible with our business;
- Promote offers by issuing and / or enabling unsolicited bulk email, "Spam";
- Utilize questionable marketing practices; and / or,
- Promote Multi-Level Marketing (MLM).
Depending on LinkConnector's policies, other qualifying criteria may apply. 2nd Story Software and LinkConnector reserves the right to deny and / or revoke a publisher's marketing status if it is reasonably deemed that an Affiliate relationship could result in damage to TaxACT's brand and / or 2nd Story Software's reputation. 2nd Story Software also reserves the right to disallow an approved TaxACT Affiliate from continuing to market TaxACT if it is determined: there is an Agreement breach; TaxACT's brand has been tarnished; 2nd Story's reputation has been harmed; a violation of rules and policies set out by 2nd Story Software, and / or the relationship is deemed to be unproductive.
A: No one wants to wait a long period of time to receive a decision. However, for first time applicants, acceptance into LinkConnector's Marketing Network may take up to two (2) business days depending on the research time that is needed to evaluate your site and / or company.
Assuming that you have been accepted into LinkConnector's Marketing Network, there may be additional time required to ensure your site and / or company is compatible with TaxACT's Affiliate Marketing Standards. This evaluation period may take an additional two (2) business days. 2nd Story extends its appreciation for your patience in advance; and, hopes that everyone will benefit from the precautions that are being taken to preclude those deemed necessary from achieving TaxACT Affiliate Status.
A: No, all parties interested in becoming a TaxACT Affiliate must submit their application to LinkConnector for consideration.
If you have submitted a Strategic Alliance Inquiry via email@example.com to 2nd Story, and it is deemed that you have proposed an Affiliate-like relationship, you will be referred automatically to join LinkConnector's Marketing Networks, which maintains the daily operations of TaxACT's Affiliate Program.
A: Once LinkConnector has accepted your application to join their marketing network, you likely will not need to re-apply. Exceptions to the rule may apply (e.g. your "approved" Affiliate status is suspended by LinkConnector.) If you at one time you were a registered publisher with LinkConnector, but you are not sure whether you are enrolled to market TaxACT, please contact LinkConnector.
For those Affiliates that were approved by 2nd Story Software directly (this would apply to tax seasons 2003 and earlier), all past Affiliate Agreements stipulated the right to market TaxACT (eligible to receive compensation) was the maximum of a single tax season. If you have not already done so, you shall be expected to submit an application to LinkConnector for this tax season - otherwise no incentives can be provided.
Likewise, if you are using banners or text links that are associated with an outdated Affiliate Tracking Code, or you have incorrectly incorporated your tracking code (Affiliate ID) within the URL that directs your visitors to a TaxACT Landing Page, NO COMPENSATION CAN BE PROVIDED. No exceptions can be accommodated.
2nd Story and LinkConnector lack the means to track sales that are associated with expired Affiliate IDs. For this reason, 2nd Story strongly encourages you to test all TaxACT links that are embedded within your site to ensure usage / sales are being recorded.
A: LinkConnector determines the total commission that you have earned each month. Please consult LinkConnector's Payout Policy for complete information.
Once you have successfully met LinkConnector's payout criteria, they will issue you a check in the amount that you have earned. Please note that, until your account balance reaches LinkConnector's minimum payout threshold, LinkConnector will rollover the previous month's earnings into the following month.
A: LinkConnector is responsible for calculating and disbursing Affiliate Compensation checks - not 2nd Story, makers of TaxACT. Any and all questions relating to compensation should be directed to LinkConnector.
Q: I have a dispute with LinkConnector and I have done everything to work with them but still no resolution can be reached. Now what?
A: Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure the most expedient response possible, we will need to know:
- Your name;
- Your Affiliate ID;
- The LinkConnector representative’s name servicing your account;
- How long the problem has persisted; and,
- A description of your problem / concern;
Q: If someone is referred to TaxACT.com and / or TaxACTOnline.com via my site's link but does not register to use a TaxACT product during their initial visit, will I receive credit if they return?
A: Whether someone wants to access one of our free products, or they wish to purchase one of our premium products / services, it is necessary for that person to register for an account. If your site's visitor does not register for a TaxACT account during his / her initial visit to your site, no credit can be issued unless they return to your site to access TaxACT prior to completing the registration process. Upon doing so, your Affiliate ID shall be recorded and credit can be awarded.
A: You are responsible for all marketing functions. These functions include but may not be limited to: setting up TaxACT links correctly and incorporating those links within your site; testing links; updating links as it becomes necessary; as well as devising and executing promotional activities that will direct an audience to visit your site's TaxACT offer (i.e. sending a newsletter, advertising, etc.).
A: No, TaxACT's Affiliate Agreement is NOT exclusive. 2nd Story Software stands by its products and we believe that competition and choice in the market place is a good thing for everyone. Thus, unlike other tax software developers that only allow you to promote their tax product(s), we welcome you to promote TaxACT along side any of our competitors' tax wares.
Q: Does participating in TaxACT's Affiliate Program constitute as being an endorsement for TaxACT's products? Is this relationship considered to be a partnership between our two companies?
A: Your decision to promote TaxACT products shall not be considered as representing an endorsement in favor of our wares. Likewise, the decision to promote TaxACT shall not represent that a partnership exists between our two companies; nor does 2nd Story endorse the products, services and / or practices of its Affiliates.
A: No problem! As long as all sites comply with your Affiliate Network's Terms and Conditions, as well as TaxACT's Affiliate Guidelines, we recommend that you add a TaxACT link to all of the sites that you manage - doing so will help you to maximize the overall visibility for your TaxACT offers.
Q: My TaxACT application was approved last year and I think it's silly that I am expected to complete one this year, too. Why are you making me do this?
A: We understand that your time is valuable. However, in some cases, you may be required to submit an annual application. By doing so, you are helping to ensure that your most current information is on file. This also gives the advertising network the opportunity to make certain that your site's content, policies and practices are in accordance with 2nd Story's Affiliate Program Guidelines. Most importantly, however, this practice gives you an opening to review any changes that may have been made to the program's payout structure, guidelines and / or performance standards.